Join in for arts, crafts, and games as we unleash the MAGIC of PLAY, IMAGINATION and FUN!
Designed for kids aged 4 to 12, the program features FREE summer activities including weekly themed arts & crafts, games, chalk art, water play and more.
Ran by Battle Ground Parks & Recreation, the Playground Program is held at Davis Park in Ridgefield on Tuesdays from 12pm-2pm, June 25th to August 13th. The program is made possible by annual grants from Riverview Community Bank and the Parks Foundation of Clark County.
2019 Weekly Themes Overview
- Week 1: Zoomania (June 25th) – For our first week of the summer program, we’ll kick it off with a wild week of animal crafts! You can look forward to lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
- Week 2: Yankee-doodles (July 2nd) – Celebrate the 4th of July with some stars and stripes crafts! Expect lots of red, white and blue!
- Week 3: Ooey-gooey (July 9th) – Come prepared to get messy! This week we will be crafting all things slimy, sticky and oozy.
- Week 4: Earth Week (July 16th) – This week is all about nature! We’ll have lots of fun creating crafts that show our appreciation for the beautiful world around us!
- Week 5: Safety First (July 23rd)
- Week 6: Lights, Camera, Action (July 30th) – Step into the spotlight and channel your inner superstar with this week full of glamour! Theater, movies, music?
- Week 7: Blast Off (August 6th) – Get ready to blast off into the final frontier as we take a trip into the furthest depths of our galaxy! This week will be all about space as we create crafts that will take us to the moon!
- Week 8: Fan Favorites (August 13th) – Come celebrate the last week of the summer program by creating some of the favorite crafts of all time!